7 best Foods to Increase Testosterone
In this post, you are going to find the 7 best foods to increase testosterone naturally. But before spilling out all the good beans. Let’s take few moments. To provide the reasons for why a guy would want to increase his testosterone levels. And doing it with the help of nutrition.
What does Testosterone do to you?
Testosterone is a primary male sex hormone which is crucial to bone formation, muscle building, fat burning, and energy & mood control in men. Made in vast amounts in the testes and adrenal glands, this hormone also plays a big part in the development of male reproductive tissues, the testis and prostate. Manly traits are also linked with the influx of this hormone. These manly traits are the competition drive, libido and the will to take risks.
The Declining Testosterone after mid 30’s
Studies have shown that on average, men today have less testosterone when you compare to what a man had 20 years ago. Men today have about 20% less testosterone in their blood! Also, after a man’s Mid-30s, testosterone level drops at a steady rate of 1% per year.
Thus a steady dip of testosterone means that many problems start from the sexual to the psychological. These are all low testosterone symptoms. Low testosterone causes lack of libido, infertility and in some cases, erectile dysfunctions. More body fat, less muscle mass, fragile bones and fatigue are likely symptoms. Sleep issues and behavioral-emotional quirks are also frequent in men with a low testosterone count. The common sleep issues caused by low testosterone are insomnia and fragmented sleeping cycles. The typical behavioral emotional quirks are depression, degraded sense of well-being, fatigue, irritability, low motivation and self-confidence.
The 7 best foods to increase testosterone
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), expensive testosterone boosters and pills come with more threats and side effects. These threats and side effects are sleep apnea, mild fluid retention or increased risks of having prostate cancer. Besides, these methods cost a lot of money. This makes these options simply not possible for a lot of men. On the other hand, increasing your testosterone level and getting back your youth is possible by making small lifestyle changes. The best therapy is simply a natural testosterone booster. An upgrade of your eating choices can be a simple yet a sure way of getting back your manhood.
The Oyster Superfoods: Foods to increase testosterone #1
- When it comes to foods to increase testosterone, look no further than oysters. Seen as an aphrodisiac food more often than not. It is only now that experts truly see the zinc powerhouse that oysters are.
- Zinc is a key item in testosterone production. Zinc is found in sperm and almost 1-3 milligrams per ejaculation. Thus restocking zinc is a concern all males should be thinking about. A vital mineral and an antioxidant, zinc amps up immunity and cellular division. Zinc helps enzymes break down food and nutrients. Whereas, men having low zinc content also display a low testosterone count. Here is where oysters come in. Studies have shown that a 0.5 ounce serving of oysters contains around 100% of the daily need of zinc.
- Experts have also found that fertile men have a lot of D-aspartic acid. D-aspartic acid is a complex amino acid linked with virility not found commonly. Oysters not only hold a good dose of D-aspartic acid but also has N-methyl-D-aspartate. N-methyl-D-aspartate sparks the production of sex hormones. Eating daily oysters has shown to be raising testosterone levels a lot in as little as six weeks.
More Surprising facts about oyster
- As a matter of fact, not only oysters are good for testosterone production. Any shellfish from the class bivalve mollusk is. This is because when you eat a shellfish, you are sure that the whole animal is eaten. That includes the muscle meat, digestive tissue and organ mass. As a result, no other source of protein packs so much of variety in such a compact manner. Make shellfish a staple part of your daily diet to see yourself brimming with testosterone.
Eggs – A Healthy Start: Foods to increase testosterone #2
- Eggs are among the foods to increase testosterone. A healthy breakfast at the start of the day is the most crucial meal of the day. It makes your body jumpstart for all the work that lies ahead. To increase your testosterone level, there is no better meal to utilize than the morning breakfast. Eggs, the main part of any good breakfast, are a great way to boost your T-Levels.
- Eggs from free range chickens have dark orange egg yolks. The dark orange egg yolks are rich in Vitamin D, cholesterol, mono and saturated fats. Vitamin D amps up your immunity. Here is a tip. Buy organic free range eggs rather than poultry farm raised chicken eggs. Normal eggs that you buy at the store have a number of xenoestrogens that you don’t want to eat. On the other hand, free-range eggs are rich in protein and cholesterol.
More Surprising facts about Eggs
- Now, you may not accept it when you hear people saying that saturated fats and cholesterol are good for you. But these elements are crucial for testosterone production. Without cholesterol, the Leydig cells inside the testes cannot synthesize the testosterone hormone. Leydig cells absorb the cholesterol from our blood and release T. Eggs quickly become the #1 source to meet these needs. It is so because they are cheap, easy to find and you can use them in many ways while cooking.
- As a matter of fact, eggs are a great source of amino acids which help to metabolize protein chains. Whole eggs are also rich in aspartic acid. Aspartic acid boosts testosterone levels significantly within 11 to 12 days. The testes produce testosterone in a greater amount just after waking up. And a good egg breakfast boosts your metabolism early in the day to carry testosterone synthesis during the whole day.
Cruciferous Vegetables – The Super “healthy” veggie: Foods to increase testosterone #3
- Eating cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, garden cress, Bok Choy and Brussels sprouts is a very good natural way to increase your testosterone levels.
- These veggies pack in Vitamins A, C, E and K, along with minerals such as Magnesium and Zinc. These nutrients take part in some biological processes that work in tandem to raise your testosterone level. They lower the stress hormone cortisol and help your endocrine system, thus speeding up testosterone production.
- Not only do these veggies increase your testosterone levels. They help you get rid of the excess estrogens from your body. Excess estrogens in the body block testosterone production by your endocrine system. When chewed, cruciferous veggies release a compound called Indole-3-carbinol. This compound converts excess estrogens into safer forms and thus helps you reduce those ugly man boobs.
- These veggies have a high fiber content, which improves your digestion. The excess fiber in your diet results in a healthy gut, which in turn aids weight loss. This weight loss also helps to boost the testosterone production in your body.
- You can cook these veggies in many ways, which is not true most of the time for your regular “healthy” veggies. You can have them tossed up with salad dressing in an Italian salad. Or mix them in a nice hot chicken soup for those chilly December days. These could just be the natural testosterone boosters you have been looking for all along.
Pomegranate – The Testosterone Grenade: Foods to increase testosterone #4
- This is a bright red fruit, named so because of its likeness to a grenade. It may just be the boost that your diet needed for that extra testosterone.
- Experts have found that pomegranate juice increases salivary testosterone levels by 16-30% on an average. Lab studies have proven that pomegranate juice improves sperm quality in rats.
- The juice which is full of natural antioxidants also aids in the testosterone production of our body.
- They also have a good side effect of lowering your blood pressure and improving your blood circulation. Both aids to get a healthier body. These findings have the result of having the pomegranate added to the category of “superfoods.”
- Adding this fruit to your diet will not only result in higher testosterone levels. It will also aid you to get a better lifestyle.
Coconut oil – The Healthiest Oil: Foods to increase testosterone #5
- Coconut oil is not seen as the healthiest of the many oils that are present out there. However, the world is slowly taking notice its true benefits.
- The saturated fats from the coconut oil contain Medium Chained Triglycerides (MCT). MCT leads to burn more fat. It is these MCTs that increase the rate of testosterone production. As a result, coconut oils are better than a run of the mill cooking mediums. Regular coconut oil usage has proven benefits such as higher sperm count and more sperm motility; both of which occur as a result of the extra testosterone in your body.
- When you compare coconut oil to grapeseed, olive, soyabean oil; taking coconut oil has been shown to give the best results in the increase in serum testosterone levels. For men who do bodybuilding, the hard workout leaves them tired and weak. A shot of coconut oil in their post workout shake amps up your immunity and eases fat loss.
- Similar to the cruciferous veggies, you can also use coconut oil in many ways. You could use it as a cooking medium or for those light oil brushes for baking sessions. You can change the butter with coconut oil for that bowl of popcorn on movie night. Seeing the link between coconut oil and testosterone, it would be an error not to put it in your diet.
Tuna – Testosterone Boosting foods for Non-Vegetarians: Foods to increase testosterone #6
- Tuna is often called the chicken of the sea. It is the boon for meat eaters who seek to get a boost in their testosterone levels.
- Eating tuna supplies your body with Vitamin D along with Omega 3 essential fatty acids. Both are a major booster of testosterone in your body. Eating a big piece of tuna fulfills the daily required amount of vitamin D.
- Studies have shown that eating an equivalent of 1 can of tuna can boost testosterone levels by 90%. It does that by slashing levels of libido-killing chemical Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG).
- However, restraint is the key here. And due care must be taken to ensure that the eaten tuna is as fresh as it can be.
Nuts – Packed with monounsaturated fats: Foods to increase testosterone #7
- Nuts are a cool choice that you can make every day that will bring up your testosterone with every handful. Men who eat high amounts of monounsaturated fats show the highest levels of testosterone. And the humble nuts contain a healthy supply of testosterone increasing monounsaturated fats, zinc, protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Also, nutrients like B vitamins and minerals are found in nuts. However, it is crucial to know which nuts to put in your daily diet.
- Be sure to eat nuts which are low in phytosterol content and polyunsaturated fatty-acids. These nuts are prone to lower the bioavailability of testosterone by increasing the production of Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). Walnuts, Almonds Peanuts and pistachio are in that category of nuts. They also make more oxidative damage in testosterone storage tissues.
- Instead, munch on Brazil Nuts and Macadamia Nuts. They are known as the good nutty T-boosters. Brazil Nuts are one of the best sources of pro-testosterone nutrients zinc, boron, selenium, magnesium and selenium. Selenium is one of the most potent antioxidants and a vital trace element. Regular taking of selenium improves the production and motility of sperms. According to research, selenium also protects against prostate cancer. Brazil Nuts also house Arginine, an amino acid which increases levels of blood flow to the genitals, acting as a Natural Viagra.
More Surprising facts about Nuts
- Macadamia Nuts are linked to reduced cardiovascular disease risk and reduced oxidative damage markers. On top of boosting testosterone, they are also known to make brain function better.
- Here is another tip to keep in mind while snacking on this cool health food. Be sure that the nuts are unroasted, unsalted and organic. That way, you are going to get the maximum amount of good nutrients.
Testosterone is about virility and vitality. It is the origin of manhood. Testosterone affects your sex drive, facial and body hair, sperm production, red blood cell production, muscle mass and strength. It also affects bone density and where the fat goes. Given the role that this single hormone plays in keeping us healthy and sexy. It should be vital for us to make sure that its levels are kept.
Include these foods in your diet. It is a sure shot and natural way of keeping and increasing your testosterone levels. Knowing that you have low testosterone can be bad. However, it is not the end of your manhood. If you eat these testosterone boosting foods and you keep a healthy lifestyle. This will make sure that you stay in good shape all the time.
If you want to continue exploring the cool topic of eating foods to improve testosterone. I have some tips for you. First, you should read the post about the testosterone boosting recipes to find how you can cook the foods that you have just read about here. Finally, now that you know the best foods to increase testosterone, it is also crucial that you know which foods to avoid to protect your testosterone.
Creator of the Juicing For Your Manhood programs and the #1 men’s health blog Olivier Health tips main editor. He has developed a new passion for juicing and has done a lot of experiments with foods possessing healing properties. His mission is to teach men to reinvigorate their lives using the power of juicing.
If you like this post, I invite you to click on the red bell icon located in the lower right corner to receive notifications when I publish new articles.
If you have questions for me, you can subscribe to my newsletter and send me an email by replying to the newsletter that you will receive.