Testosterone Boosting Recipes
In this text, I am going to show you 4 delicious testosterone boosting recipes. But first, I want to give you excellent reasons to want to eat those testosterone boosting meals.
The Concept of Testosterone
Testosterone is a hormone and a type of androgen. Firstly, testosterone is a chemical messenger which effectively develops the male sexual characteristics. Women also produce testosterone but in smaller amounts. Because it is the testicles that are primarily producing testosterone. Besides, low testosterone levels in men are a sign of infertility. Since the creating of sperm needs testosterone. Testosterone in men regulates a number of functions in addition to sperm production these include:
- Sex drive
- Bone mass
- Fat distribution
- Muscle size and strength
- Red blood cell production
Given these points, testosterone is vital for men. But, unfortunately, the levels of testosterone drop in aging men.
Declining Testosterones Equals to Low Libido
Even though smoking is related to higher levels of estrone and estradiol which also presupposes a higher level of testosterone. However, smoking affects the reproductive capacity of men and leads to lower sperm count. In fact, research shows the result when people are consuming a combined composition of marijuana and recreational drugs on a regular basis. As a result, the research subjects tend to show a lower sperm concentration of 55% lower total sperm count.
Lowering testosterone levels bit by bit in men is termed as late-onset hypogonadism. As soon as men step into 40 marks, research suggests that a decline in the concentration of circulating testosterone happens. That is to say that doctors recognize late-onset hypogonadism as a medical condition in men mainly linked to the symptoms of aging. For one thing, the increased mortality rate is a known condition of low testosterone level in men. As can be seen, this is something to be careful about.
Some of the symptoms of low testosterone levels are as follows:
- Decreased desire for sex (low libido)
- Diminishing erectile quality, problems with erection during night time
- Mood swings
- Reduced intellectual and cognitive functions and responses
- Changes in skin tone
- Fatigue, depression, and anger
- Decrease in mineral quality or bone mass
- Metabolic disease and cardiovascular disease
The level of testosterone in men varies. But, the number of men having low testosterone issues increases beyond the age of 60. Testosterone supplements for old men have the following effects: functional mobility, cognition, bone material density, lipids and quality of life. But, testosterone supplements come with bad side effects. For that reason, it is better to tackle the problem naturally…
Boosting Testosterone the Natural Way
Lose the extra inches
According to a research of the Endocrine society’s meeting in 2012, overweight men tend to have low testosterone levels. Generally speaking, you must avoid sugar and fructose for an efficient weight loss. Thus, the ideal fructose count should be below 25 grams per day. Therefore, you should avoid refined carbohydrates like pretzels, bagels and waffles as they could increase insulin levels.
Short and intense exercise has a proven effect on increasing the testosterone levels. On the other hand, aerobics or prolonged moderate exercise can slightly decrease testosterone levels.
Intermittent fasting has its share of benefits. For example, it boosts hormones such as: insulin, leptin, adiponectin. But more importantly, combining short exercise sessions with intermittent fasting does wonder for your sex drive.
Zinc the go-to Mineral
Zinc is a proven mineral facilitating the production of higher testosterone levels. But 45% of men above the age of 60 consume less zinc in their regular food intake than what is recommended. Thus, to have enough zinc in your diet, integrate zinc-rich foods in it. Good sources of zinc in the diet come from meat and fish along with raw milk, raw cheese, and beans. With this in mind, be careful not to overcook. Cooking too much foods often depletes the zinc content and other nutrient content.
Increased Vitamin D consumption
It is effectively a steroid hormone and causes the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell. Also, vitamin D maintains semen quality and sperm count. The optimal vitamin D level in the body should be 50-70ng/ml. Exposure to the sun is one of the proven ways of increasing vitamin D level. Other foods rich in vitamin D include: beef liver, egg yolks, fatty fish like salmon, tuna, mackerel and cereals.
Eating Healthy Fats
It is not only vital to consume monosaturated and unsaturated fats but saturated fats as well. They help build the testosterone count. Research states that a diet with less than 40% fat causes low testosterone level. Some healthy fats that you could consume are as follows:
- Olive and olive oil
- raw nuts like almonds and pecans
- organically pastured egg yolks
- palm oil
- unheated organic nut oil
Up the Testosterone Level with these Testosterone Boosting Recipes:
So, as you can see, 4 of the 5 presented ways to increase testosterone levels naturally involve nutrition. When cooking, you can choose to cook testosterone boosting recipes. These testosterone boosting recipes are good. As a result, they are going to make a very noticeable difference in how you feel. It is so because they contain pretty much the best ingredients to get the necessary nutrients to assist testosterone production.
THE POTATO BOAT
Fried eggs and bacon are seen as great sources of saturated and unsaturated fats for the endocrine system. On the other hand, potatoes power carbohydrates which give a packed source of energy. Hence, the Potato boat is the best recipe among all the testosterone boosting recipes for a perfect Breakfast quickie.
- 1 large potato
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- kosher salt and Pepper
- 1/4th cup fried bacon( chopped)
- 1 fried egg to garnish
- spring onions for garnish
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash the potato and let it dry completely.
- Gently rub the potato with olive oil, Kosher salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until tender.
- Make an incision in the middle of the potato. And load it with chopped bacon and top it with a fried egg and a gentle sprinkling of spring onion.
SHRIMP AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH MISO DRESSING
Shrimps contain a lot of nutrients like zinc, magnesium and vitamin D. Avocado and the greens make it the perfect testosterone booster. Hence, it is the best recipe among all the testosterone boosting recipes for a healthy lunch.
Ingredients for the salad
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- half pound raw shrimps (tails removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4th teaspoon Cayenne powder
- 4 cups spinach or baby kale
- fresh cilantro for garnishing
- peanuts for topping
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 small avocados scooped
- 1/2 inch peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoon of oil
- 3 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- Add butter to the pan and allow it to melt over medium heat. Then, add the shrimp and minced garlic, sprinkle Cayenne chili powder and saute shrimps until golden brown.
- Scoop out the two small avocados, chop the cucumber and spinach or Baby kale into bite-size pieces. Place all the ingredients in a bowl along with the shrimps.
- Puree all the dressing ingredients into a smooth paste. Next, pour the dressing over the salad and top it with peanuts and fresh cilantro.
SPICY GUACAMOLE CHEESEBURGER
A thick meet party melted cheese and homemade guacamole. The spicy guacamole cheeseburger contains a lot of testosterone boosting elements. As a result, it is the best recipe among all the testosterone boosting recipes for a heavy supper option.
- quarter (1/4th) pound ground beef
- 2 slices of Kraft Natural cheese
- 1/4 C Kraft Mayo
- 2 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 5 C Tortilla strips
- 5c homemade Guacamole
- 2 large Hamburger Buns
- In a bowl combine the ground beef with Taco seasoning and roll it into a ball. Finally, with your palm, gently flatten it out into a patty.
- Prepare a grill heat each side of the burger on a grill for 3 minutes. Without delay, grill for another 3 minutes on medium heat. The burger bun should have the beef patty placed on it
- Spread out mayonnaise on the bottom bun. After, top it with a slice of cheese and grill it for a minute.
- On the grilled bun with melted cheese and beef patty, add generous layers of tortilla strips and homemade guacamole. Quickly, top it with another layer of sliced cheese and the top bun. The burger is ready to eat.
FILET MIGNON WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM BUTTER
Filet Mignon does not have the connective tissues of other cuts of beef. But, it has a tender bite. Also, it is not as fatty as the other cuts. In short, it essentially acts as a hearty steak option for dinner.
How to make Porcini Butter
- Boil 10 whole porcini mushrooms for 5 to 10 minutes. Drain out the excess water and thinly slice them.
- Ground porcini mushrooms in a coffee grinder to get a fine powder ( 2tbsp)
- In a food processor add 1/2 cup butter, porcini powder, sliced porcini and salt. Blend until smooth and mixed.
- Spread the mixture out on butter paper. Next, roll it into a wrap and set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Thick Filet Mignon Steak ( should weigh 5 – 6 ounces)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter and porcini butter
- Generously season the steak with Kosher salt and pepper in a pan melt butter with olive oil on high flame. Cook the steak on top bottom and side for 4 minutes each until brown
- Remove from heat. Without delay, add sliced garlic and thyme. After, bake in the oven on medium rare for 140- 145 degrees F.
- Take out the porcini butter from refrigerator and slice into half-inch parts.
- Remove from oven, cover the steak with oozing juices and top it off with a blob of porcini butter. Garnish with fresh thyme
Be a Testosterone Monster with these Testosterone Boosting Recipes
Testosterone is a primary sex hormone and an anabolic steroid. In the fast-paced life of the modern man, low testosterone count is a constant problem. Often, people are not able to engage in rigorous exercise or fitness activities. Hence, the diet plays a significant role. In essence, eating the right food in correct portion helps one combat low testosterone issues. Altogether, the testosterone boosting recipes listed above are a combination of healthy eating along with all required ingredients to please the taste buds. In any event, make sure that you avoid these foods that are bad for testosterone…