Probiotic Foods: The Goodness of the Powerful Probiotics
Do you want to know the goodness of powerful probiotic foods? Probiotics are tiny microbes which are full of health benefits. But, of course, if you consume them properly. Find out those benefits right below.
The Advent of Probiotics as “Friendly Bacteria”
In the world of medicine, Probiotics are tiny microbes that are full of health benefits. But, of course, if you consume them properly. After the year 1980, the medical world used and learned this term. Nobel laureate Élie Metchnikoff has been credited with introducing these microbes. Hence, he stated that intake of yogurt has, in fact, made a group of peasants outlive others.
Some common types of probiotics are Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. After much research, the following is found out. Lactobacillus has almost 18 different bacteria strains. On the other hand, the Bifidobacterium has minor strains, i.e., 8 type of strains. These bacteria help to break the food particles. As a result, they help for proper digestion that in turn boosts the immune system as well. Further, probiotics help the human body in various ways like easing constipation. Also, they help to get rid of the common cold and many such things. Probiotics have found their way through the history in the form of cheese fermentation. So the Greeks and Romans suggested it for intake. Scientists have observed that these friendly microbes have powers which increase immunity too.
Probiotic Foods and their Useful Uses
- Yogurt is rich in Probiotics. As a result, intake of yogurt is useful for our skin. It helps for a better metabolism too. Further, yogurt improves bone health as well. Although, we have to keep in mind that not all yogurts contain friendly probiotic. This is due to their processing which kills the living bacteria.
- Buttermilk which includes a range of fermented dairy products also holds probiotics. It is often known as the leftover after making butter. India and Nepal mostly eat Buttermilk.
- Cheese– A few particular kinds of cheese have probiotic elements. Cheeses namely Gouda, Cheddar, and cotton cheese have the probiotic bacteria. They have nutritious values which are rich in phosphorus, selenium, calcium, and much more.
- Proper intake of dairy products even helps a person to get rid of heart diseases. It helps cure osteoporosis too.
- Pickled cucumbers are a great source of probiotic bacteria as well. They help to digest better. Older people often recommend these. These cucumbers are rich in Vitamin K as well.
Probiotics may also help to mitigate levels of inflammation. Hence, they have a positive impact on diseases like obesity. In the three months long reality survey, 125 participants who all were overweight took probiotics. As a result, they had positive results with 50 percent less weight than others. So, it is a proven fact that eating probiotics regularly has a positive impact on our health and well being. Further, researchers have found out that these organisms help in turning fiber into useful fatty acids too. And this is vital in putting a stop to diseases such as colon cancer.
Probiotic Might be Less Impactful to Children Allergies
Probiotics are not very impactful among kids when it comes to stopping allergies. Even though, intake of these helps to reduce high blood pressure among the older adults. But the coin has two sides to it. That means that even taking too much of this healthy microbe can welcome bacteria prone infections too. Though these infections are not much present among people.
Thus, Probiotics are useful for health issues. So intake of this healthy microbe helps to prevent plenty of diseases. These are diarrhea, gas, cramping and many more.
Lesser known facts about Probiotics
- Improper portions of friendly bacteria in the body can even cause autism and depression.
- Farmers are also opting for other methods by feeding probiotic mixtures to the livestock. This is due to the fact that intake of antibiotics harms the general growth of this livestock.
- Probiotics are important for mood support. They are also vital for the health of our heart and a more powerful immune system.
- Most scientists are putting up facts that state a newborn child gets many microbes before birth itself. Thus intake of probiotics during pregnancy is also helpful for both the mother and the newborn.
Thus with the growing importance of Probiotics in the medical field, they might be worth 45 billion by 2018. Probiotic foods have also been healing for millennia. Further, it is helpful in keeping hormonal balance in women as well. We should eat foods with proper balances of probiotics like kefir, sour cream and many more. We should do this to have a proper health growth.
Other Uncommon Probiotic Foods that could be Useful
- Kefir. This food is quite similar to yogurt. It is a unique mix of goat’s milk and fermented kefir grains. Addressing these, it is high in Bifidus bacteria and rich in antioxidants. We can find these in good local health shops.
- Miso soup. This soup is one of the mainstays of Japanese medicine. They use it as a digestive regulator. Further, it is a great probiotic rich soup full of lactobacilli and Bifidus. Thus, it helps to alkalinize the body and stop the effects of carcinogens in the body.
- Tempeh. This food is a substitute for tofu or meat. Tempeh is rich probiotic grains, made from soya beans. It is a great source of vitamin B12. Further, it is very helpful food for thyroid patients as it is very low in salt.
- Kombucha tea. This tea has a high amount of healthy gut bacteria. People use this probiotic drink for centuries and is a potent drink for weight loss too.
Yogurt is a Nutritionist’s Darling
Yogurt is a nutritionist’s darling! No artificial ingredients, no sugar, no artificial flavoring. What more can a nutritionist ask for! And yes you get it at the least cost. A superfood used for centuries and has never lost its identity or importance. It is probiotic, rich in protein and calcium too.
The “Good Bacteria” with All the Natural Goodness
The zillions of microorganisms living in your gut make headlines of late. The “good” bacteria (probiotics, that is) in your gut serve many valuable functions. They aid in proper digestion and also fight the harmful bacteria. Further, they are vital for normal functioning of the immune system. Also, they control the metabolism and mood and helps us maintain healthy body weight. Fermented foods are a great source of probiotics. Yoghurt, pickles, sour cream and sourdough bread are some examples of fermented food.
Researchers invest a great deal of money and time to study these tiny organisms. Some studies suggest that probiotics are very helpful for patients with bowel problems. You might be amazed, but it is true- we are more bacteria than we are human. The number of bacteria in our body is almost ten times the number of cells in it. Many microbes are surely capable of disrupting or enhancing your system. Fermented foods contain generous amounts of good bacteria. They help our body carry out vital life-supporting functions. These include digestion, immunity against diseases and maintaining healthy body weight.
The Goodness of a Powerful Probiotic
A huge load of information and options could be confusing. This is especially true while choosing the right Probiotic. And not all of those probiotics found online are truly effective. Here’s an easy solution. One of the leading probiotic that promises to revive your lost glory could be easily found here.
A lot of customers use, review, and highly value this Probiotic. It provides a power solution to all your health needs.
To Wrap It Up
Is this post helping you to learn the goodness of the powerful probiotics? Do you now know just how vital is to include probiotic foods in your diet? Or maybe you know other probiotic foods that we did not mention in this post? In short, we want to hear from you! Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments part below. And do share this post with your friends on the social networks. Help them to find out the powerful probiotic foods and why they are so vital for our health.
Lastly, if you have read the whole article, that means that you are a person for whom eating healthy is very important. And for that reason, you have all my admiration, and I want to help you to improve further your knowledge of healthy foods and their amazing health properties. So here are some more reading suggestions:
- Foods to increase testosterone
- Foods to avoid for testosterone
- Boost pheromones production with foods
- Cleansing detox foods
- Which healthy foods are best for detoxification
- Healing foods to help wound healing
Creator of the Juicing For Your Manhood programs and the #1 men’s health blog Olivier Health tips main editor. He has developed a new passion for juicing and has done a lot of experiments with foods possessing healing properties. His mission is to teach men to reinvigorate their lives using the power of juicing.
If you like this post, I invite you to click on the red bell icon located in the lower right corner to receive notifications when I publish new articles.
If you have questions for me, you can subscribe to my newsletter and send me an email by replying to the newsletter that you will receive.